- The Manufacturing Engineer works closely with engineering to ensure the design concepts, drawings and specifications support the most efficient manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Plans sequence of operations for the fabrication of machined parts using multi-axis CNC’s, and conventional machining equipment.
- Deals with drawings and specifications including geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
- Utilizes CAM programs such as Esprit or Inventor CAM for Solidworks to provide CNC programs. Writes instruction, set-up documents, and quality audit sheets.
- CNC programming is 50% or greater of the time allocation for this position.
- Creates, revises and maintains revision control on all the manufacturing process documents, including CNC programs and library.
- Plans for the arrangement of manufacturing equipment in the factory in the most productive and efficient manner, updating the CAD Layout.
- Researches and stays current on the latest manufacturing technologies.
- Troubleshoots manufacturing issues on the floor and initiates process improvements.
- Other manufacturing relates tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or 10+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 3 to 5 years recent related experience.
- Proficient in blueprint reading, understanding Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and interpreting 2D & 3D engineering models.
- Understands cellular manufacturing and the use of lean principles.
- Thorough understanding of machine work holding practices and cutting tools.
- Thorough understanding of multi axis CNC machine capabilities
- Experience with CNC machining of components from castings and bar stock.
- CAM programming experience of at least 3 years with lathes and mills.
- Practical experience with conventional machining equipment.
- Capable of identifying the root cause of manufacturing/machining anomalies and making corrections.
- Working knowledge /use of computer software to include, but not limited to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), in addition to CAD/CAM.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing working environment, competing demands and is able to manage changes, delays or unexpected events.