Maintenance & Reliability Engineer
Air Liquide | USA, Fremont
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bring the company motto of “Do it Safe, Do it right, The first time” into all decisions and actions.
- Investigate and analyze plant equipment failures by collecting failure causes, process data and equipment information. Develop and recommend solutions in design, maintenance procedures or equipment selections.
- Develop equipment maintenance procedures for new and existing equipment including detailed task descriptions and schedules.
- Support plant maintenance and operational groups by providing technical guidance on equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Analyze CMMS Failure data to identify areas of improvement in plant reliability
- Collect equipment data from drawings, equipment manufacturers, and plant floor installations to improve and optimize existing equipment data systems including:
Engineering Bill of Materials
Instrument and Equipment Data sheets
Electronic Maintenance system
- Analyze uptime data, to drive reliability improvements.
Analyze equipment history, including auditing data accuracy, and follow-up with Technicians.
Provide support for root cause failure analysis (5-Whys) for critical equipment failures, including physical failure analysis.
Ensure correct information is entered into the CMMS system with a unique ID, with a complete description, proper codes, and data fields, etc.
Provide appropriate metrics, for example Mean Time between Failure (MTBF), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), maintenance costs, etc.
- Determine critical spare parts for plant equipment and appropriate stocking levels.
- Lead projects through to completion while obtaining support or buy in from all required departments. Identifying and eliminating bottlenecks to ensure projects timelines are met.
- Drive Safety and Quality improvement projects currently unstaffed.
- Successfully complete all required training.
- BS Engineering (ME, EE, ChE)
- 3+ years of system based reliability management in Semiconductor, Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience generating and analyzing critical KPI’s including MTTR, MTBF, Total Maintenance cost per asset.
- Experience developing maintenance PM procedures
- Experience leading failure analysis and training maintenance personnel to participate in failure analysis.
- Experience with predictive maintenance using, vibration analysis, Oil analysis, thermal analysis and Operating parameter analysis.
- Understanding of Asset hierarchy structures
- Experience in driving towards zero unplanned downtime.
- Ability to lead root cause investigations on unknown systems.
- Experience writing root cause investigation reports with clear executive summaries and clear action items and recommendations.
- Generation of critical spare part recommendations based on historical data and uptime versus cost requirements.
- Valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship
- Shop floor experience with maintenance and operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of high purity gas installation techniques, and practices a plus.
- Experience with eMaint
- Experience training Maintenance technicians to utilize CMMS
- Knowledge and training in Six Sigma/LEAN