Maintenance Engineer Technologist
- Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide experience on failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Provide technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluation of whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- During repairs ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc. are provided and documented.
- Ensure repair techniques, repair procedures, and equipment specific training are documented and made available.
- Provide technical support for specification, identification and purchasing of needed parts.
- Provide maintainability input to projects and other improvement activities.
- As appropriate and required, review spare parts list for existing equipment and work with Maintenance Repair and Operating Supply (MRO) to ensure parts are identified, added and stocked in the MRO system in support of the maintenance strategy.
- Develop maintenance procedures based on Most Effective Technology (MET).
- Enter quality complaints into the quality management system.
- Participate with Reliability Engineer in developing the equipment maintenance strategy by providing technical and historical information.
- Participate in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
- Serve as a technical resource to the planner on work packages.
- During development of turnaround work, provide input on scope of work.
- Evaluate Condition-Based Monitoring (CBM) activities and determine appropriate action.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements – Who You Are:
- What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You are a self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks!
- Busy workday? No problem! You have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- You work well with people and can inspire others and lead them through influence.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant Industrial, Chemical, or Production Maintenance or other related Maintenance experience.
- You have technical expertise on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluation of whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- You have experience with Maintenance Management Systems.
- You have experience with Preventative Maintenance.
- You have a High School Diploma/GED or higher.
- You understand that we are here to serve our customers and doing so is critical to our site viability! Due to this, you are willing and able to work a day shift schedule with overtime as well as an on-call rotation schedule. This includes being willing and able to take a call during the week and on some weekends.
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isn’t a problem for you…Passing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You have strong interpersonal skills, including good written and verbal communication skills.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Refinery experience.
- 5-10 years of relevant Industrial, Chemical, or Production Maintenance or other related Maintenance experience.
- Military Maintenance courses and training.
- An Associate’s or Technical Degree in Industrial Maintenance from an accredited educational institute (College, School) and/or 4+ years military experience.
- SAP experience.
- You are proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.