Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority.
- Evaluate, design, and recommend changes in maintenance activities to increase reliability of existing equipment, reduce repair costs and minimize product interruptions.
- Propose, develop, design, and implement capital projects, including preparation of AFE’s.
- Provide ongoing engineering assistance to operations and maintenance. Troubleshoot process operating problems, investigate equipment failures, conduct special tests, develop reports and provide technical assistance as required.
- Develop and institute plans for preventive/predictive maintenance on equipment, routine replacement of equipment and improvement of material of construction. Supervise installation, monitor performance and make recommendations to improve reliability and reduce cost.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support during planned and unplanned outages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in maintenance or related field.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with pumps, centrifugal compressors, centrifuges, cooling towers, gear boxes, refrigeration equipment, vacuum pumps and mechanical seals.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with plant mechanical integrity programs and vibration analysis.
- Good working knowledge of SAP.