- Provides technical expertise to plant turnaround personnel on repairs for turnaround front end loading and execution supporting critical rotating equipment and process containment equipment.
- Provides engineering support to those plant issues that are impacting production over a short period of time. In this role the engineer provides technical expertise which may be equipment based or repair technique based which impacts the availability and maintainability of the facility.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- For equipment that is critical for the process ensures that work requests include engineering input on repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc. and if necessary provide onsite/offsite technical support for deviations from this data.
- Ensures repairs, repair techniques, equipment specific training, are documented and made available
- Provides maintainability input to Global Project Methodology activities.
- Support the Preventative Maintenance coordinator as required in reviewing spare parts list for existing equipment.
- Develops maintenance operating discipline
- Enters Quality, Service and Product Performance information into the reporting system.
- Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
- As required, provides engineering input to work packages to ensure standards are followed.
- During development of turnaround work provides input on development of work orders particularly on critical equipment requiring engineering review or input.
- Provide equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for input into equipment purchasing requirements, evaluation of equipment performance, vendor performance, and modifications to MET level 1.
- Demonstrates leadership in Environmental, Health & Safety issues outside plant via networks, projects, turnarounds, site teams.
- Leads Root Cause Investigation's for unplanned events and ensures effective implementation without repeat failures. Demonstrated track record of key dept. performance metrics sustained improvement (less % rework, %equipment failures, online, AC, efficiency increases in large equipment repair, Maintenance $ as %RAB, etc.). Participate in Dow internal benchmarking/networking to improve metrics. Contributes to front end loading on a large project utilizing reliability expertise.
- Proven results in managing maintenance costs within area of responsibility within budget.
- Lead rework reduction systems and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) improvement projects with demonstrated results across areas of responsibility.
- Has mastered negotiating skills to resolve issues successfully to a win-win solution.
- Effectively resolve conflicts in area of responsibility.
- Lead a Green Belt project leveraged across a site or business. Proactively apply maintenance technology to prevent unplanned equipment failures.
- Participate in maintenance technology discipline team projects. Balance cost of equipment failure versus sparing strategy to make value based decisions.
- Provide maintenance technical expertise to addressing projects on the facility's opportunity list.
- Demonstrates the ability to train and develop others in the Maintenance discipline.
- Can proactively extract historical data to define and quantify maintenance opportunities with demonstrated results.
- Recognized as a discipline Subject Matter Expert across a business or site.
- Demonstrated successful leadership of Root Cause Investigation for significant dept. event with demonstrated reduction of unplanned events.
- Mentors developing maintenance engineers. Provide maintenance technical support to multiple facilities across a site and/or business.
- Coordinate multi-functional teams (i.e.. AMR with Tech Center and Production).
- Participate in resolution of Quality, Service and Product Performance issues related to maintenance discipline. Have worked successfully in a role other than their present role (minimum 1 year)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Equipment Troubleshooting.
- Failure Investigation.
- Failure Investigation.
- Root Cause Analyses.
- Root Cause Corrective Action.
- Root Cause Investigations.
- Extruding Equipment.
- Reciprocating Compressors.
- Mechanical Equipment.
- Rotating Equipment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required; a degree discipline in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum 4 years of manufacturing experience is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- 4 years of maintenance engineering experience is preferred.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance may be available.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others