ExxonMobil | India, Bengaluru
- Support remote machinery surveillance activities, troubleshooting efforts and root cause failure analyses
• Provide technical oversight to remote machinery surveillance programs
• Develop and update machinery engineering tools, guides, and specifications
• Support machinery troubleshooting either remotely / through site support including but not limited to overhauls.
• Support inspection and testing activities at vendor shops and ExxonMobil sites
• Participate in machinery risk assessments and MOCs engineering evaluations.
• Support development and / or optimization of machinery maintenance strategies
• Evaluate and qualify machinery supplier facilities
• Support machinery reliability, integrity, and optimization initiatives
• Oversee the activities of engineering contractors and machinery suppliers
• Evaluate and qualify new machinery technologies
• Mentor less experienced machinery engineers
• Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering, or closely related engineering field from a recognized university with GPA 7.0, or above
• 7 – 12 years of experience in upstream or downstream oil and gas machinery engineering projects, operations or maintenance, or machinery surveillance.
• Five or more years of experience working for upstream oil and gas company will be preferred
• Experience with centrifugal compressors, gas turbines, reciprocating engines, motors, generators and pumps and related systems
• Experience with machinery selection, sizing, design, installation, preservation, commissioning, start-up, operation, surveillance, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrading, and decommissioning
• Experience in machinery shutdown planning and execution activities
• Experience in maintenance and reliability concepts and applications
• General knowledge of oil and gas production operations and facilities (e.g., oil treating, gas processing, compression, measurement, corrosion)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Willing and able to travel, as required, for extended periods