Fluor | Norway, Sunnfjord Oslo
Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45.000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. Fluor offers Project Management and EPCM support in all phases of the project life-cycle based on the following three business groups:
This group focuses on energy transition, chemicals, LNG and traditional oil and gas markets. Fluor pursues new opportunities emerging in the energy transition markets including carbon capture, green chemicals, hydrogen, biofuels and other low carbon energy sources. At the same time, Fluor continues to be an engineering and construction leader in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
Urbanization continues to drive demand and create significant growth opportunities for innovative and sustainable solutions in mining, metals, advanced technologies, manufacturing, life sciences, infrastructure and professional staffing.
As a leading provider of mission solutions, Fluor primarily focuses on federal agencies across the U.S. government and select international opportunities.
Fluor has the capability and expertise to execute and manage large, complex projects for mining, metals, and fertilizers clients. In challenging and remote locations around the world, clients trust Fluor to deliver capital efficiency and project certainty.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed.
As a Mechanical Engineer you have the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence.
This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs moderately complex engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
As a Mechanical Engineer your main tasks will be;
- Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work;
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria;
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderately complex engineering problems;
- Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution;
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines;
- Other duties as assigned
Please Note:This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited 4 year degree (Bachelor or Master) Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 8 years of work-related experience ;
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors;
- Knowledge of Norwegian construction market or clients side;
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job;
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines;
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner;
- Work experience gained in Norway or currently based in Norway
- Bilingual English and Norwegian
- Professional registration and membership in technical society
- Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
- Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
- Practical field experience
- Intermediate computer and software skills