SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of project or discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice. Understands clients' needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Lead a team supporting project or discipline.
- Accountable for the the budget and planning of the scope of her/his team.
- Manage all external (clients, subcontractors) and internal interfaces (other disciplines, installation, SCM).
- Participlate in the conceptual studies.
- Provide specialist knowledge in area of subsea structure design (PLETs, Jumpers, Suction Piles etc.).
- Production of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs, weight control calculations, etc.
- Check and approve technical documentation, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Manages interfaces with subcontractors and internal clients.
- Ensures that specifications and norms related to the project are respected.
- Participates actively in engineers training and development.
- Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction.
- Evaluate, organize and prioritize work for self and others.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct.
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles.
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
- Client technical representative
- Professional bodies and institutions of learning
- Project Managers
- Project Engineering Managers
- Tendering Managers
- Engineering Department
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Professional qualifications – Degree qualified ideally in Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineering. (Demonstrable experience in a similar role will also be considered)
- Relevant engineering experience (10+ years) in the design of structures within the Marine and/or Oil and Gas industry.
- Awareness of marine classification and local legislation. (Essential)
- Can work within time/budget constraints.
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role.
- Produces work of presentable quality.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Sound knowledge of industry codes, standards, and design guidelines. (API, DNV, AISC, ASME, ISO, BPVC etc.)
- Expert Knowledge of STAAD Pro, CAESAR II, Autodesk, Abaqus and ANSYS software.