Honeywell | USA, Des Plaines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide proposal/sales support by reviewing client specifications and requirements, provide steel weight estimates including an estimate of major member sizes.
- Review and confirm code basis for each project.
- Prepare structural design and fabrication specifications for each project.
- Collaborate with other project team members to comply with project requirements and meet project schedules.
- Review of detailed design including drawings, MTO, 3D Model and STAAD analysis.
- Review of fabrication shop detail drawings and fabrication sequence.
- Guide and monitor sub-contracted structural engineers.
- Mentor and train junior engineers.
- International travel up to 15% annually in 1 to 2 week duration's.
YOU MUST HAVE
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience with refining/petrochemical industry design codes/specifications: AISC, ASCE 7, IBC, ACI, API
- Minimum 10 years experience with STAAD including modeling, analysis, design and trouble shooting
- Minimum 10 years experience performing wind load design of major structures in petrochemical industry per design codes
- Minimum 10 years experience performing seismic design of tall structures (over 60 ft) in petrochemical industry
- including seismic dynamic analysis and modal response spectrum analysis
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment
- Project Engineering experience with an EPC contractor
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- International, multi-cultural experience
- Fabrication shop and site experience
- Offshore Design Experience
- Familiarity with structural materials and shapes