GE | Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh
- Technical interface with Commercial Operations, FRO, Requisition Engineering (for Manufacturing, Engineering, Compliance/Certification, Supply Chain), Logistic, Installation, Commissioning and Project Management teams during Wind Farm construction phase.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Participate in the necessary project processes.
- Responsible for technical documentation/contractual deliverable during different phases of the project.
- Attend the site visits, collect required information and data, and then prepare site visit report. Manage the interface with other disciplines and EPC sub-contractor. Collaborate with other Renewables functions to determine root cause and define both corrective and preventive actions for turbine or fleet issues with time bound manner.
- Work closely engineering and third-party to perform site retrofit, Implementation of lesson learnt.
- Work with Engineering, EHS, suppliers and projects on regulatory compliance.
- Participate in design reviews, Red Flag Review (RFR) and service hand-over process.
- Manage the relationship with key contractors and suppliers during project execution phase.
- Develop innovative and creative approach to providing engineering solutions. Maintain schedule and budget for the engineering works.
- Manage quality customer relations; internal and external.
- Prepare technical letters, manage clear and consistent communications for internal and external customers.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Interpretation and application of the Regulatory framework as they apply to the GE technology and prospective GE power plant projects.
- Previous wind industry experience.
- Ability to understand and manage complex technical issues.
- Understanding of project management and engineering processes.
- Proficient in a range of general computer packages (e.g Word processing, excel, AutoCAD, etc).
- Proven ability to prepare high quality reports suitable for senior management and external stakeholders.
- Well-founded communication skills oral and written in English.
- Understanding of foreign cultures and empathy.
- Flexible attitude to tasks and an open mind for new challenges.
- Ability to manage a range of tasks with varying time pressures.
- Highly developed inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize demanding workloads and pay attention to detail.
- Experience with Wind Farm EPC project engineering, and site construction.
- Demonstrated sound business acumen and contemporary leadership skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills; integrative team working style.