Wood is currently seeking to recruit Lead Process Engineer to:
- To act at all times in accordance with the Policy on Health, Safety and the Environment
- To lead the process engineering design of Oil Refinery projects in accordance with the agreed client project scope and within approved manhours and budget.
- Ensure that the client business drivers and company performance incentives are fully understood by all discipline personnel being supervised
- Maintain technical integrity within discipline
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Lead the timely preparation of the process engineering and technical safety components of Wood proposals to clients, including :-
- Preparation of design manhour estimates.
- Preparation of project management Plans (PMPs)
- Preparation of design schedules.
- Lead the process engineering and technical safety component of approved work orders to deliver cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Close liaison with project engineers, related discipline engineers and staff within other Wood office to meet the overall project objectives.
- Participate in project reviews including : design reviews, HAZOP, SIL, HAZID, constructability etc.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Supervision of process engineering and technical safety staff, including :-
- Provision of technical direction and guidance.
- Administrative supervision including leave planning, performance reviews, resource planning, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Wood policies, behaviours
- Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Assist in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers.
- Identification of process software tools required to maximise work efficiency.
Skills / Qualifications
Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
Minimum 12 years post graduate experience.
Minimum 8 years’ experience in the refining and petrochemical industries.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the designation.