Lead -Power electronic engineer
Essential Responsibilities :
- Design and development of power electronics (Thyristors converters) to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability, material
and cost guidelines
- Prepare & validate Design documents - Configurations, principles of operation, application guidelines, specifications, BOM, SLD & drawings as per requirement.
- Specification of key power electronics components and datasheet analysis of parts, considering lead time, availability, price, alternatives and qualify the components to meet specifications
- Running power electronics (SCR devices) design simulations in Matlab-Simulink, PLECS or Saber or in a similar simulation tool
- Verify functional performance of prototype hardware under all specified operating conditions.
- Support Manufacturing of equipment at Factory / Vendor facility
- Document functional test requirements and conduct test according to applicable standards (UL/IEC etc.…) .
- Coordinate with Lead Engineer, firmware designers on product / project execution on a continuous basis.
- Provide technical guidance to the team members and developers .
- Pro-actively collaborate with the commercial and ITO teams to drive successful & smooth OTR execution of Controls solutions.
- Support Customer issue resolutions / RCA.
- Lead in Product cost initiative and customer issue Resolutions (RCA).
Bachelor or Master Degree in Power Electronics or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
8-12 years of Power electronics design & testing expertise for industrial drives and its related components (power / Oil & Gas / renewables Process Industrial
- experience/knowledge in Electrical design / Simulation tools like AUTOCAD / E-Plan and MATLAB/Simulink
- In-depth knowledge of motors /drive control Systems.
- Knowledge or understanding of medium power and medium voltage design and control issues
- Experience in the area of power electronics control and protection coordination studies
- Knowledge of IEC/EN Standards and how they apply to designs
- Experience in Testing the power electronics SCR devises in the laboratory within the specifications (snappy behavior tests, heat run tests etc.)
- Proven technical report writing skills and keen to progress your career in a technically driven multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to undertake technical reviews of technology with engineering experts
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate the team across the globe
Desired Characteristics :
Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to energize teams and perceives change as an opportunity
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrixed environment.