NOV | India, Tamil Nadu Chennai
- The responsibilities of the Lead Piping Engineer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Plan and Implement the Piping Engineering activities on projects and tenders under the direction of Engineering Manager.
- Lead, coordinate and manage the discipline group. Ensure the safe, effective and successful implementation and delivery of engineering projects.
- To mentor, coach and train staff in work processes and values to have consistency across projects.
- Preparation of Deliverable list & Schedule, Man-hour estimate and Progress report
- Plan and identify resource requirements in consultation with Engineering Manager.
- Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of piping engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements.
- Participate in engineering assignments such as assisting with the development of specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, material take-offs
- Prepare Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and review vendor drawings
- Co-ordinate the development of 3D modelling activities of skid packages.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
- Take part in 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews
- Review materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Engineering Manager/Project manager.
- Review and Check 2D drawings such as Equipment layout, piping layout, general arrangement drawings, piping isometrics, Support plan and other drawings in accordance with Client specifications.
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients.
- Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients
- Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design
- Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to discuss technical, procedural and operational issues and work practices, and to formulate areas for improvement along with possible solutions.
- Standardization of Design Procedures, Check list and Guidelines.
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Degree in Mechanical engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector, especially in piping engineering activities related to Process skids
- Must have good working knowledge of piping codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc…)
- Engineer shall have good interface knowledge with other disciplines especially Process, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation etc. and knowledge of all discipline documents and drawings is required
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Should be able to work on fast track projects and deliver as per project schedule.
- Proficient in handling the project operations entailing planning, resource utilization, quality management & manpower management.
- Complete understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements
- Strong work ethic and proactive drive to deliver projects within schedule
- Ensure deliverables meet strict quality standards
- Maintaining the highest levels of Health and Safety
- Minimum of 15-20 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position.