Contribute to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
- Managing and leading teams.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business including Technical Authority responsibility where assigned.
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Delivering against contract Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and business objectives.
Key Accountability and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Discipline Focal Point / Head of Discipline, manages succession planning for direct reports.
- Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
- Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans.
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people.
- Ensures competence of deputies.
- Manages performance of direct reports.
- Continuous promotion of, and adherence to, the discipline specific procedures and providing feedback for continuous improvement.
- Support the development and delivery of the technical assurance framework.
- Monitor compliance with competence standards.
- Participate in incident investigations as required..
- Set performance expectations for direct reports.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Proficient in scope definition.
- Deputising for Focal Point / Head of Discipline as required.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team.
- Executing assigned business objectives.
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities.
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
- Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so.
Skills / Qualifications
- MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
- Chartered Engineer or recognised equivalent
- Demonstrable balance of industrial and management experience at relevant level and position.
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate a level of team working skills.
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude.