Lead Instrumentation & Control System Engineer
Job purpose :
- Ensures continuity of engineering to site.
- Is in charge of technical interfaces with the sub-contractors.
- Is In charge of resolving first level problems at site.
- Performs simple calculations and draws sketches for any modification work at site.
Reporting lines and interactions:
- Hierarchically reports to: HOD, Process & Technology.
- Operationally reports to: Project Manager, HOD - Process & Technology.
- Directly supervises (operationally): Senior Process Engineer and Lead P&ID’s.
- Key interactions (internally, externally): Engineering Discipline Manager, Cost Control Manager, Planning Manager, Estimating Manager, Client and Licensor.
Key interactions (internally, externally):
- Internally: Lead Discipline Engineer, Other site discipline field engineers and Project manager.
- Externally: Sub-contractors, vendors.
Job scope (budget, management, specific criteria):
- Accountability for day to day site engineering issues.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 15 - 20 years of Instrumentation & control engineering experience in similar EPC environment for Onshore / Offshore projects and having experience in Concept & sizable FEED and EPIC projects.
- Membership of relevant professional institution.
Nice to have:
• Certified Functional Safety Engineer-SIS
• ExSILentia software for SIL calculation
• SPI (Smart Plant Instrumentation)
• 3D Review
- • Feasibility study, FEED, Basic Engineering and Detailed Engineering with Reputed International detailed Engineering contractor
- • Oil & Gas projects, Offshore and onshore
- • On Shore instrumentation- Design and selection of Flow, Pressure, Level, Temperature measuring elements, Transmitters, Control valve, ESD Valve, Partial stroking system, Blowdown valves, MOV, Tank gauging system, PRV, PCV, Foundation fieldbus, Serial Communication, Fiber optic communication, F&G Instruments, Bulk Materials
- • Selection of Instruments for Hazardous area application, Instrument signal grouping
- • Off shore special instrumentation- WHCP, ICSS, RTU, SCADA, DHG, MPFM, Hydraulic Power Unit, Choke valve, Sub-sea Umbilical cable
- • Instrument Packages-Analyser, Metering skid, Burner Management System, Leak Detection system
- • Brownfield and Green Field projects
- • Control and Safety Systems (DCS, ESD/SIS, F&G), Machine monitoring system, HIPPS, FACP, HSSD, LCP, IRP, RTU, SCADA, BMS, LDS
- • Control narrative, Design Basis, Study of existing systems and recommendation for upgrade
- • International standards applicable for Instrumentation like AGA, API, ASME, ASTM, BS, IEC, IEEE, ISA, ISO, NACE, NFPA
Familiarisation with Client standards-SHELL DEP, QP, TOTAL, NOC, QATARGAS
Reports functionally to the Head of Discipline and operationally to the Project Manager and is responsible for:
- To lead a team of Engineers and designers for the assigned project. To lead Multiple projets
- Review of contract document and raising technical queries to resolve conflicts.
- Prepare Discipline schedule and review of project schedule
- Prepare the Deliverables list and review of Master Document register.
- Weekly input to Document Control Register to update the progress on time.
- Regular liaison with Client in order to minimize the review cycle and to expedite the approval process.
- Plan and execute the design work in required quality to meet the project schedule and cost.
- Input to weekly progress reports and maintains manhour log.
- Maintain Quality records and participate in quality audits
- Performance of a specific task on a project or proposal as defined by Head of Discipline.
- Management, maintenance and control of documents and data required for the smooth execution of the work.
- Definition of tasks and supervision of personnel such as Senior Engineers, Engineers, Senior designers and draftsmen assigned to the team, including checking of documents and drawings produced.
- Checking and commenting on drawings and documents issued by other disciplines as well as Vendor drawings wherever applicable within the schedule and to minimize the review cycle.
- Reporting main developments and results of tasks performed (including items leading to ICN).
- Update, retrieval and maintenance of design inputs for engineering improvement.
- Co-ordination within and with other disciplines.
- Participation in meeting with Client, Vendors, Subcontractors etc.
- Sharing the lessons learned and capturing in the global data base.
- Facing the technical challenges and proposing technical solutions on time