- Select the FPGA, CPLD family and chip suitable for the application.
- Develop FPGA design requirements based on system requirements document.
- Define FPGA interfaces with other circuitry along with hardware design engineer.
- Do FPGA programming, synthesis and simulation, timing analysis and optimization.
- Validate system along with the hardware and firmware design engineers to confirm about functionality, reliability, efficiency, compatibility and responsiveness.
- Work on FPGA-based solutions for interfacing real-time microprocessor systems to high speed Networks and I / O
- Actively drive design rigor and participate in relevant formal design reviews
- Contribute to board level reliability analysis and system FMEA
- Identify opportunities to modify/author DPs
- Identify cost-out opportunities and make technical proposals
- Lead/ Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives.
- Bachelor / Masters in Electronics Engineering, Electronics & communication, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 8 - years of experience in FPGA design, digital circuit design, system level analysis, Product Development life cycle including system and Sub-system Design
- Hands on experience in Verilog, VHDL, FPGA development tools, including design, synthesis, simulation, timing analysis, optimization, packaging and debug
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Expertise in Signal Integrity and simulations
- Knowledge about different communication techniques
- Hands on experience in developing the interfaces between FPGA and other devices like microprocessors, ADCs, transceivers and so on.
- Strong experience of High-speed digital designs, Proficiency in ECAD suite of tools either from Mentor Graphics or Cadence would be an added advantage.
- Should have a good understanding of EMI/EMC concepts related to high speed designs and debug issues.
- Experience working with Industry protocols like MODBUS, FF,CAN, Ethernet
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Agile methodology.