Lead Engineer/Naval Architect
Lead hydrodynamic studies for on-going ice class program
- Define with owner operational conditions of the vessel in ice and in open water.
- Propose hull shape solutions regarding pod integration with consideration of operations in ice and in open water.
- Define with shipyard integration of azimuth pod and auxiliaries with regard to aft hull shape/pod room.
- Define with classification societies the ice impact loads or pressure fields to be taken into account on azimuth propulsion for Propeller / Nozzle / Pod casing/ Steering system.
- Define propeller design from classification society and performance requirement.
- Specify Finite Element Analysis of steering system/shaft line/propeller/nozzle if any/casing.
- Lead tank test in ice and in open water to confirm the above hypothesis.
- Get approval from classification society of the azimuth propulsion regarding ice management and pod integration.
- Define the instrumentation necessary for qualification at sea of the propulsion.
- Review and optimize operational conditions at sea for optimized ice management.
- Effectively communicate with technical leader and design team to execute project plans (Risks, Strategy etc.).
Lead hydrodynamic and ice management POD product improvement
Support hydrodynamic and POD integration ITO activities, including DTI (Design to Inquiry) initiative
Support marine propulsor new product introduction for extended product range and new applications and ensure technological survey for marine propulsion
- Naval architect degree and significant experience on ice class vessels.
- Experience at sea in ice management conditions.
- Communication skill to work efficiently with multi-cultural team.
- English language fluent.
- Exposure to vessel hull/propeller/structural mechanical design