Bechtel | India, Vadodara
- Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work, such as engineering drawings, calculations and bid summaries, within Plant Design and Piping discipline on projects of medium size and complexity or assignments in support of multiple business unit. Applies broad knowledge of engineering principles and practices to project engineering in the preparation of engineering analyses. Makes decisions concerning problems within the discipline and represents the discipline on the project and with the client as directed to resolve technical questions.
- Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly. Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations and bid summaries. Facilitates technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, regulators) and coordinates with client representatives to obtain approval on phases of work.
- Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups. Provides technical guidance and interfaces with the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters, in addition to mentoring them through provision of appropriate on-the-job training. Maintains contacts, as directed, with client representatives, suppliers, appropriate field personnel and other disciplines. Experience in LNG will be preferred. Must have acted as Group Lead of about 20 team members.
- A candidate with a recognized degree in a job-related engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline from a recognized licensing board, or specialized courses in relevant general engineering, design or science or an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/construction firms.
- Broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the discipline. Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline. Knowledge and understanding of technical and cost issues related to selection of design features within the discipline. Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods. Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines. Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
- Good working knowledge of application of 2-D and 3-D CAD tools (PDS, SP3D) in development of conceptual designs and production design deliverables of some complexity.
- Experience at job site as Field or resident engineer is preferred.
- Communication, Development, Engagement, Safety, Self-Discipline, Teamwork, Values & Covenants
Please Note: If you have shared your candidature with us in the last 6 months, please do not apply again