Lead Engineer - Project Engineering/ NPD
TechnipFMC | India, Hyderabad
- Will work within one of the assigned teams based on experience and business need: Project Engineering, Well Control, Flow Control, Drilling & Intervention, Surface, C&A or New Product Development.
Leads project engineering, new product/technology development, product improvement and product standardization, and product qualification projects depending upon the assigned group.
Serves as a technical point of contact for assigned project, customer portfolio or product scope, and serves as a focal point for all communications related to scope.
Develops product design, geometry standards documentation and product qualification requirements.
Creates, reviews and approves part reports, drawings, engineering specifications and standards.
Defines product quality, material, welding, and NDE requirements.
Supports and manage project schedule and deliverables.
- Provides Management with technical assistance and work progress updates as requested.
- Mentors and provides technical guidance to Product Engineers and Designers/Drafters. Works collaboratively to accomplish project tasks. Provides independent review and approval of work packages.
- Provides vendors technical assistance and builds strong working relationships.
- Works to the requirements of industry code related to subsea production systems, TechnipFMC standards and client specifications.
- Adheres to all relevant work instructions and design guidelines, Clearly demonstrates creativity and innovation in finding solutions and alternatives.
- Develops unique solutions for complex technical problems that may include the design of new products/systems or the development of solutions having few or no precedents.
This is an individual contributor position. The role is responsible for executing activities assigned by the manager, and execute it with the assigned team.
- Consistently leads engineering professionals on a project basis. Ensures that project members understand business goals and creates energy and action toward those goals. Encourages and empowers others to achieve.
- Reviews and approves engineering designs (i.e. drawings, part reports, specifications, etc.) of existing and new technology or projects. Ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
- Actively manages and provides timely updates to engineering schedule, and engineering updates to the project and engineering management team.
- Prepares documentation, information, and communications such as ECN (Engineering Change Notices), part reports, and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Facilitate RCAs and provide design solutions to correct non-conformances while taking into account safety, quality, schedule, and cost.
- Support Quality Notification dispositions and supply chain issues as they arise.
- Provide expert technical support to equipment manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, Factory acceptance test (FAT) and System integration test (SIT) activities.
- Works with other engineering teams to ensure good communication of work load requirements and consistent approaches to analytical models and methodologies.
- Works with technical authorities in the company to define technical requirements which are appropriate for the products and consistent with industry practices.
- Finds creative solutions to multi-faceted and/or time-sensitive, complex problems. Identifies and utilizes available technical resources throughout TechnipFMC and externally.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs. Anticipates potential problems and proactively solves complex problems through creative thinking, using internal and external resources.
- Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers, and publications. Makes presentations to customer management groups.
- Actively increases industry knowledge base through technical publications, forums, committee participation, trade shows, etc.
- Assists engineering manager with any requested technical and engineering related tasks.
- Degreed Mechanical Engineer with at least 8 years of relevant TechnipFMC Engineering experience preferably in Subsea Production System or Surface products, reduced to 6-years for Masters/PhD candidates.
- Demonstrated experience in leading subsea or surface projects constrained by safety, quality, delivery, and cost requirements.
- Experience in reviewing & approving engineering designs, documents, layouts, calculations and interpreting FEA/ structural analysis results.
- Strong knowledge of engineering discipline and physical modeling techniques (solid mechanics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer) is required. Experience conducting design analysis - hoop stress, flexibility, buckling, burst, fatigue, etc.
- Work experience must include experience with various ASME, API, NORSOK, and DNV Codes and Standards as it relates to subsea equipment design and manufacturing.
- Exposure to various manufacturing processes - forging, hot and cold extrusion, cladding, HIP, induction bending etc
- Exposure to welding codes and practices - ASME IX and API 1104.
- Exposure to NDE codes and practices - UT, PAUT, PT, RT, MPI per ASME V.
- Ability to manage the engineering projects within specified schedule and budget. Demonstrated organization and project planning skills.
- Accuracy, dependability, ability to manage schedule and prioritize work for self and others in team.
- Ability to work independently and as a leader of a technical team - a self-motivated self-starter.
- Ability to make independent system recommendations utilizing advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English with ability to effectively transfer subject matter expertise. Ability to coach and mentor others.
- Ability to design complex engineering plans and approve design work for systems and products.
- Spends majority of time in office. Exposed to possible shop or lab hazards including high noise and heavy equipment when in those work area. Some Travel (domestic & international) as necessary visiting TechnipFMC regional offices, plants and makes visits to existing and potential vendor’s facilities is required. Must be willing and able to travel on short notice, if issues arise with design and/or within the supply chain.