Lead Engineer - Performance Engineering
- Execute highly technical services on various turbine models covering gas turbine, combined cycle, coal-fired, and nuclear applications. Review commercial guarantees, test expectations/requirements, and develop performance test procedures in accordance with contracts and international standards.
- Prepare, plan, and execute field thermal performance tests. Analyze data, calculate test results, diagnose and evaluate testing and thermal performance issues.
- Analyze and develop thermal performance corrective actions as needed.
- Prepare test reports for internal and external distribution.
- Execute statistical risk and error propagation analyses.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external customers regarding testing activities, schedules, technical issues, and test results.
- Support continued development and improvement of performance analysis tools and processes.
- Support new service development initiatives.
- The position requires a Master's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field and 3 years of experience in a related occupation.
- Alternatively, the position requires Bachelor’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field and 5 years of progressively-responsible, post-Bachelors degree experience in a related occupation.
- The position also requires: 3 years of experience in thermal performance testing and diagnosis of nuclear, fossil and combined cycle plants with domestic and international customers; 3 years of experience in relevant ASME thermal performance test codes; 3 years of experience in the use of thermal modeling and analysis tools (GATECYCLE); 3 years of experience interacting with customers in the power generation industry; 3 years of experience in technical negotiations with customers. 50% Travel in 1-4 week intervals.
- Telecommuting: Remote based work (telecommuting) permissible and will be considered at Manager's discretion.
- General Electric Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.