Lead Cost/Schedule Engineer
Wood | United Arab Emirates, Dubai
- Proven business services experience with a technical background, strong communication skills and the ability to build productive relationships with diverse international teams; broad experience in the areas of cost control, planning and scheduling with specific involvement in projects for major process facilities; Experience with lead contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of onshore oil and gas processing facilities.
- Establishment and maintenance of systems, processes, procedures, and resources for all areas of functional accountability on the contract.
- Provide the Project Management with accurate monthly cost and progress reports incorporating early warning, forecast completions, together with the critical path and trend analyses.
- Accountable for managing the Main Contract commercial issues.
- To ensure that all work is performed without compromise to quality and in line with the company’s procedures.
- To maintain high standard of safety at all times.
- Review contractor’s forecasts, 3WLHA, analyse schedule trends and performance against baseline, report impact of schedule deviations.
- Examine resource and schedule risks and asses critical / near critical / longest paths.
- Monitor EPC contractor’s detailed physical progress on a weekly basis (quantity & earned hours), highlight progress issues and resolution plans to the project manager.
- Review and assist in the development of project controls procedures and monitor compliance. Facilitate the resolution of deviations.
- Prepare schedule forecasts and monthly progress reports for input to management reporting.
- Validate contractor’s baseline/ progress measurement system/ schedule memorandums.
- Produce project earned value analysis, S-Curves, Dashboards, Skylines, Rundowns and Histograms
- Asses and coordinate recovery / target plans as required and evaluate the impact of change on approved project schedules.
- Lead the shutdown planning effort involving detailed level 5 system / subsystem activity logic.
- Assist in the development of graduate planning engineers.
- Verify payment milestones with contractor, solve issues/ queries.
- Prepare cost forecasts and work in place (WIP) estimates.
- Verify change requests for EPC contractor and develop Owners cost estimates.
- Identify potential changes for the project and estimate impact on completion costs.
- Evaluate contractors change proposals, analyze financial impacts for the project.
- Assist with facilitation of change management process working closely with the Contract Administrator.
- Produce contract cost reports, estimates to complete and contract cost curves.
- Review procurement status reports and highlight risks.
- Monitor status and validate durations for manufacture / delivery lead times and impacts to ROS dates.
- Ensure alignment between procurement data and P6 schedule.
- Review contractor weekly / monthly report/ MoMs, update with Contract Administrator and co-ordinating with contractor to verify any issues.
- Review & analysis of Extension of Time claims
- Highlight potential schedule exposures to project management team.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in the oil and gas industry with minimum 3 years similar experience.
- Graduate Degree is preferred however alternative qualifications will be considered i.e. HNC / HND
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
Technical Business Skills
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Regular visits to Construction sites in Southern Iraq
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Previous Oil & Gas industry experience.
- Experience with detailed Engineering and Construction scheduling.
- Experience with Concept Selection and FEED studies