Lead Application Engineer (Sales Engineer)
- Responsible for the technical content of proposals for GEH nuclear power plants (light water reactors and sodium fast reactors). Work with Sales, Commercial Operations, Project Delivery and Design Engineering teams to develop winning bid and proposal strategies for GEH reactors.
- Act as the engineering interface to Sales, Project Delivery and Commercial Operations teams for technical support involving all resources relative to design, production, availability, and performance of GEH reactor designs during the proposal phase of a project.
- Work closely with Regulatory Affairs to understand local regulations, codes and standards and advise ITO team in implementation strategy for the same.
- Act as engineering liaison and adviser on establishing Division of Responsibilities (DOR), cost estimates, and project schedules. Participate in site walk-downs, siting studies and plant arrangements.
- Be responsible for the preparation and completeness of all documentation related to GEH technical proposals. Complete all technical reviews prior to bid submittal and prior to project release, including participation in the ITO process (budget proposals, project risk assessments, and Risk Review (R) meeting participation) in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Lead ITO to OTR (Order to Remittance) handover to project implementation teams upon winning new contracts. Ensure clear and thorough turnover of technical requirements.
- Represent GEH fuel, services, products, and equipment at customer meetings, maintaining a high level of business acumen and commercial awareness. Represent the technical aspects of project scope and equipment capability to a potential customer during the competitive bidding process
- Attend internal project meetings to establish strategies for winning and customer meetings to clarify technical aspects during negotiations with the customer
- Interpret customer requirements to determine proper application of GEH equipment to ensure GEH’s competitive position and ultimate customer satisfaction
- Support GEH productivity and quality initiatives
- Ensure the on-time completion of all assigned and proposal activities including business initiatives for Quality, Cost, Reliability, Performances, etc.
- Develop technical capabilities concurrent with execution of position responsibilities.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Recognize and communicate issues with project schedules or requirements sufficiently early so actions can be taken to resolve those items.
- Bachelor's Degree of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years of experience in power generation industry
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work independently with minimal direction required
- Willingness to travel (~25%)
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Advanced engineering degree
- Knowledgeable of nuclear power systems, nuclear power plants, controls, equipment and terminology
- Knowledge of nuclear regulations and ability to interact with foreign nuclear regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge and experience with engineering and project tools, processes and software
- Well established planning, organizing, influencing and networking skills to implement courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Team player and self-starter with demonstrated design creativity and problem-solving capability
- Additional language skills (written and spoken)
- Strong background in nuclear power plant design, application, regulations, and operation.
- Deep understanding of light water reactors (BWRX-300, ABWR, ESBWR) and sodium fast reactors (PRISM, Natrium, and Versatile Test Reactor).
- Some familiarity with international regulators and regulatory regimes.
- Well established communication and presentation skills (oral and written) to all levels within GEH and parent companies, and to customers, partners and suppliers.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma trained/certified.
- Familiarity with operating in a global organization