In this role, typical job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Collaborate with our scientists to design and build automated high throughput laboratory workflows.
- Become intimately familiar with our laboratory processes, identify critical needs, technical requirements, and implement new and existing solutions that measurably improve productivity, quality, and safety of research activities.
- Develop, implement and optimize automation protocols on robotic liquid handlers (Agilent, Hamilton, Dynamic Devices, etc.).
- Design, develop and deliver custom automation solutions to Corteva research laboratories by collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, engineering technicians and scientists.
- Work alongside our instrumentation support team to provide technical guidance when needed and to ensure proper alignment on new equipment.
- Integrate laboratory automation equipment with LIMS and inventory management systems.
- Collaborate with outside vendors to leverage their knowledge, skills and technologies in the development of new products and processes.
- Work in a business casual environment with flexible work/life opportunities.
The following requirements MUST be met for consideration of this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Agricultural or other similar engineering discipline.
Bachelors in Genetics, Biology or Molecular Biology with proven track record in engineering and automation will also be considered.
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience including 2-3 years of liquid handling programming.
- Experience in developing automation for laboratory processes such as genotyping, protein analysis, metabolomics, etc.
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development (C, C++, Python or equivalent).
- Experience in a high-throughput production environment strongly preferred.
- Experience designing parts and assemblies with CAD software also preferred but not required.
- Ability to independently and collaboratively contribute to the development and optimization of automation technologies.
- Willingness to embed oneself within business partner teams, driving trust and partnership.
- Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction.
In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Individuals must be self-motivated, have demonstrated personal initiative, have excellent organization skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Interested in learning new skills, gaining knowledge of Corteva business processes and investigating new technologies to support cutting-edge projects.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.