Junior/Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Air Liquide | Canada, Fort Saskatchewan
Missions and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support: Provides Electrical, Instrumentation, Control, Analytical equipment support and troubleshooting to Operations Plants in Canada. Investigates problems reported and either directly resolves the issues or guides the appropriate resources to find solutions to problems encountered.
- Advises plant in equipment selection:Acquires and maintains knowledge of most recent technologies in the field of electrical, instrumentation, control and analytical equipment. Uses this knowledge to advice plant in design, selection, sizing and purchase of equipment like: substation components, motor, electrical protection system, DCS systems, PLC systems, HMI interface, transmitters, flow elements, analyzers, chromatographs and control valves.
- Is responsible for project Management: Design, specifies, sources and selects electrical, instruments, and control systems, evaluates and selects suppliers and consultants for production and project needs.
- Share Information with Plant and Zone Electrical Expert Group:Reinforces the application of Air Liquide standards and procedures in plants. Uses different plants experience with different systems and equipment to share successful solution with others plant and Zone Electrical Expert group (ALEGNA).
- Work on special projects:Participates in special projects as needed, initiated as part of Corporate or departmental objectives, and targeting safety, reliability or efficiency goals, in conjunction with production or project groups.
- Quality / Safety:Actively promotes ALC safety and quality objectives. Knows and respect all procedures as indicated in the ALC Quality Manual. Make sure the appropriate corrective and preventive measures are in place in order to answer customer complaints.
- Process Improvement:Works with his/her team as well as with cross-functional teams to continuously improve the work process. Continuously analyze the functioning of the activity, identifies causes of dysfunction and proposes corrective measures accordingly.
Competencies and Profile
TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- Diploma : Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- Training : DCS, PLC programming, Electrical design and Analytical equipment
- Knowledge : MS Office, bilingualism would be an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Technical abilities: Masters concepts, tools and methods related to his/her job, meet or exceed professional requirements of his/her field of work, keeps abreast of progress in his/her field.
- Problem-Solving: Identifies problem situations within an appropriate time frame, develops several alternative solutions to problems, analyses situations and highlights important issues, suggests adequate, valuable and feasible solutions.
- Team Player: Shares knowledge and experience, cooperates and makes self available, listens, gathers information, takes into consideration the needs, ideas, opinions of others.
- Flexibility: Adapts his behavior to different types of situations, is open to new ideas, accepts changes and conforms to them, ability to remain highly effective in changing situations, proposes new action plan when situation changes.
- Self-control: Remains calm and efficient in conflict or crisis situations, resolves problems efficiently without causing anxiety to others, and reacts positively to major changes.
- Coaching skills: Clearly establishes performance criteria, finds solutions to problems by consulting team members, understands and listens to the concerns of all individual team members, gives ideas in clear and appropriate language.