Junior Instrument Engineer
Fluor | Netherlands, Poortugaal
- Fluor Consultants BV is focusing on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process Industry in the South West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support. Together with Stork (a Fluor company) we have the unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to our clients. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
- The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
- In these projects, engineers / designers take responsibility for the functionality of the electrical & Instrumentation & Control system project scope in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry, renewable energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing. They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
Please Note:This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
The successful candidate must be able / willing to understand, learn and develop the full skill set required for:
- Performing engineering in several, but not yet all, project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects. Work activities include e.g.:
- Development of P&ID’s, instrument index; instrument datasheets/specifications, instrument block diagrams; control / assuring the integrity of detailed design like: cable schedules/ panel layouts/ instrument layouts/ sketches/ loop and wiring diagrams/ hook-ups/ cable trays; control of electrical design and engineering ; selection of materials; E&I&CS input to other disciplines.
- Supported by a senior; The complete cycle of writing/reviewing instruments and control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test, commissioning and turn-over.
- Supporting the senior engineer in delivering input to Basic Engineering Design Packages and Writing of contractors scope of work
- Check, read make use of interface drawings related to the E&CS scope for civil, steel, piping and mechanical E.g. : Underground drawings, Equipment location plans, Steel structure details, Buildings dimensions and layout, Area classification plans, Main cable trays routings
- Assure integrity of the developed design documents. Assure it works and is safe and according specification
- Perform field checks to assure a constructible package
- Supervision, planning, organization of the work :
- Assign work when applicable in cooperation with the lead engineer.
- Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
Other Job Requirements
- 2-5 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor or production company in the process industry.
- Willing to learn instrument hardware solutions, field wiring solutions, calculations, basics of process control and functional safety
- Willing to build exhibit understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
- Willing to learn to understand of the other discipline interfaces and deliverables like electrical, process, piping, mechanical and civil/structural
- MBO, HBO Bachelor or equivalent in industrial automation, measuring and control engineering, mechatronics
- Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English;
- Written and oral communication with our Client’s is as well in Dutch as in English
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel
- Coordination skills and able to multi-task