Junior control System Engineer
Fluor | Netherlands, North Brabant
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able / willing to develop knowledge to:
- Perform engineering under guidance of a senior in all project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects in all commonly used industrial DCS and Safeguarding systems e.g. Yokogawa, Invensys, Honeywell, Hima, Emerson, Siemens. Work activities can include:
- Development of: P&ID’s; instrument index; small IO extensions till complete new control systems; legacy control system migration plans; adjusting control, sequence and safeguarding narratives based on the actual system platform; E&I&CS input to other disciplines; Scope of work; migration, integration and cut-over plans for both hard and software; integration of the control system hardware scope in the total design packages e.g. loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, power supply, UPS, fiber optic, ethernet, serial fieldbus and profibus
- Support the complete cycle of writing/reviewing control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, factory acceptance tests, coordinate field implementation including site acceptance test, commissioning and turn-over. This for all system hardware required like controllers, I/O systems, cabinets, network connections, ethernet / serial / fieldbus / profibus
- Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- 2-5 years relevant working experience in a revamp/brownfield-environment, with an engineering contractor, system integrator, or production company in the process industry.
- Understanding of control system
- Willing to build field instrumentation knowledge is a preference
- Willing to learn the understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
- Willing to learn the understanding of the other discipline task and deliverables like process and mechanical
- Bachelor, Master degree or equivalent in automation / advance control / systems engineering
- Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English.
- Written and verbal communication with our clients is in Dutch and in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel
- Be able to multi-task between multiple projects