This role is part of the P&T Services & Operations Management (PT SOM) organization in IT Services and Operations (ITSO). The purpose of PT SOM is to operate the Technical IT scope by delivering differentiating IT capabilities (products & services), thus supporting technology development, application and deployment as a major competitive advantage for Shell. The "Landscape" element emphasizes that infrastructure, applications and data management practices are managed in an integrated fashion to effectively support the business workflows.
The PT SOM “Landscape” services are aligned with technology platforms covering several disciplines which require specific technologies. The differentiating IT services are created by bringing together:
- IT Technologies developed in house
- Market-sourced IT solutions
- Deep knowledge about business data and workflows
- Organizationally, PT SOM is part of ITSO, reporting to the VP IT Services and Operations, and it delivers enterprise wide Technical IT solutions to Upstream, Downstream and Projects & Technology.
This position is a member of the Safety & Environments SOM team and works closely with the Service Delivery teams (SOM) and the Technology Delivery teams within Projects & Technology to achieve the overall objectives.
- A Support Engineer is typically an in-house Level 2 support technician who is a Subject Matter Expert in one or more application services. The engineer is responsible for ensuring the system integrity for ongoing successful operations. The engineer will also use advanced support techniques to analyze and resolve incidents that were raised through the Incident Management process. They use defined work instructions and troubleshooting scripts to debug complex issues associated with these applications / infrastructure services.
- Support Engineers in Shell are also actively encouraged to seek and deploy new automation opportunities to remove manual effort and to streamline operations.
- Key to this specific role in support of Shell Environmental Reporting System is the ability to use SAP Environmental Compliance for providing solutions and resolving issues related to Environmental data within Shell Global refineries. The engineer should be utilizing their expertise in SAP EC and its linked components (SAP NWA, SAP BW, SAP HANA, EIS) to manage and provide a stable end-to-end reporting solution for the business.
- The engineer will document solutions to known errors to expedite resolution of incidents and perform root cause analysis to minimize reoccurrence. The engineer typically leads testing activities against various changes to the application / infrastructure services through the Development, Test, Staging environments and performs Post-Production testing to ensure technical changes have been correctly applied.
Key elements of the role are:
- Expertise in SAP Environmental Compliance (SAP EC) v3.0 to ideate and resolve issues and maintain system integrity.
- End to end co-ordination across SAP EC, Enterprise Reporting Solution (ERS), Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) and Enterprise Business Objects Shared Service (EBOSS)
- Some elements of platform job monitoring, support and troubleshooting
- Incident and Problem management
- User access management and report management
- Act as trusted advisor and build effective relationships
- Identify and proactively solve problems and identify and implement service improvement opportunities
- Develop a detailed knowledge and business benefits of the ITSO services
- Seek opportunities to expand knowledge and understanding of the PT business
- Challenge and shape demand in the Business in a constructive and positive way
- Contribute to delivery of overall SOM objectives and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Act in compliance with IRM, HSSE and other regulatory frameworks in areas of activity
- No direct reports.
- Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams. Managing multiple delivery priorities and multiple demand requests. Working with multiple stakeholders in various organizations.
- This role is supporting a Business-Critical Prime Service Tier application and as such requires some additional “on call” days/periods to support rapid issue resolution during Quarterly Group Reporting periods
- As this position and the team interacts with people across several organizational boundaries, it is key to be able to work closely and effectively with various delivery partners, IT Managers and external IT Service Providers. Success in this role depends on gaining the trust of multiple stakeholders, partnering and carefully managing conflicting priorities.
Qualifications & Skills.
- Typical Years of Experience: 2.5 years or more of IT experience in a corporate setting
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year University Degree related to IT
- SAP Environmental Compliance v3.0 (preferred)
- Skill with Business Analysis (preferred)
- Skill with Information Risk Management
- Knowledge of environmental reporting (preferred)
- Knowledge of SAP BW, EIS and EBOSS (preferred)
- Experience of SQL Querying, views and reports and data manipulation in MS Access and Excel
- Knowledge of Shell delivery methods, Project Delivery Framework, Agile, DevOps
- Knowledge of ITIL and experience in embedding process improvements
- Interpersonal skills with experience in building credibility
- Proven ability to engage and deliver
- Enthusiastic and creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple assignments simultaneously