International Space Station/Gateway Robotics System Engineering Analyst - (AER0004TH)
The ISS/Gateway Robotics System Engineering Analyst will:
- Perform the duties of a mid-level engineer with responsibilities of supporting the robotics system engineering team in effort to integrate space station hardware and software with the International Space System (ISS) and Gateway.
- Participate as a member of the robotics system engineering team to provide "cradle to grave" engineering support services for requirements definition, system analysis, design, integration, test, verification, and on-orbit operations of hardware and software for ISS/Gateway utilization customers and ISS/Gateway system providers requiring robotic support for handling their payloads on-orbit.
- Establish robotic requirements for the ISS/Gateway end user;
- Provide consulting assistance to the MSS end user to properly apply those requirements to their system design;
- Provide analytical support of the end user's system design for identifying potential non-standard services (e.g., robotic testing at Johnson Space Center facilities);
- Provide consulting assistance to the MSS end user to understand verification processes so they can provide necessary and sufficient evidence for successful verification closures;
- Provide technical analysis and approval of verification data submittals;
- Provide technical support for programmatic forums, including participating in ISS boards and panels, regular project tag-ups and reviews;
- Provide technical support to identify and resolve robotic related technical and safety issues for ground processing, flight environments, visiting vehicle operations, and on-orbit robotic transfer;
- Provide technical support to the MSS SM to review programmatic documentation and identify impacts to robotics;
- Provide technical support for resolution of robotic related issues during design, test, and on-orbit operations of payloads and visiting vehicles.
- Perform kinematic analysis of robotics systems reach and clearance to illustrate operations concepts and provide documentation and/or presentations
- Develop 3D models and convert CAD models as necessary for dynamic non-realtime and realtime simulations of all robot systems, environments, payloads, and activities as requested
- Perform other analyses as necessary and/or as requested to further develop robot system operations concepts for Gateway and ISS integration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years related experience, or MS degree and two (2) years of related experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited college or university.
- Associated technical degree or two (2) years of college with courses in engineering or associated disciplines, and twelve (12) years of related experience (or a BS degree with ten (10) years of related experience will also be acceptable). Position requires specialized and extensive knowledge of engineering principles gained through long and varied work experience in field of specialty.
- Experience or course work in robotics requirements, design, development, analysis and test.
Experience or course work in:
- Hardware/software integration and test
- Software programming
- Systems engineering
- System verification
- Robotics kinematics
- 3D modeling
- scripting languages (Perl, Python, Matlab)
- Highly effective communication skills, including verbal and technical writing;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing engineering environment with demanding customers on a compressed schedule.