Intern - Engineering Co-op
Air Liquide | USA, Mount Bethel
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Upper Mount Bethel, PA.
Air Liquide Advanced Materials (ALAM) is offering an internship to introduce students to the company. The intern will work in production operations at the Northeast Sites to develop their engineering and industrial knowledge/skills and complete projects/tasks as the direction of the Site Leader. The intern is expected to interact effectively with a wide variety of teams/individuals and be able to thrive in a fast paced and very dynamic environment.
Projects/tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Root cause investigations to operational issues
- Standard Operating Procedure review and updates
- Process data collection and analysis
- Implementation of process improvements
- Assisting Production & HSES engineers with project implementation
- Technical support for HSES projects, problem solving, investigations including site inspections and audits
- Provides on-the-floor HSES coaching and recognition
- Successfully complete assigned trainings
- Pursuing a bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical)
- Expected graduation between December 2019 and December 2020
- Minimum cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must be able to relocate to internship location in the US
- Must be able to provide own daily transportation to/from work
- Must secure and finance own housing