Intern - Design Architecture (Summer 2020)
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in specific area of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment.
- While working along side and in support of a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
- Assists in the preparation of building designs and drawings in both freehand sketch and computer assisted design software such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Prepare scale drawings, models, and construction documents for building contractors.
- Prepare hand or computer illustrated graphics of projects for client meetings and/or marketing.
- Providing support to Senior level Designers, as well as Architectural/Engineering staff members as assigned.
- Required that candidates must be enrolled in at least their junior year of either a Bachelors or Masters of Architecture curriculum from an NAAB accredited Architecture Program
- Previous internship is required
- At least a 3.0 GPA is required
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills is required
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management is required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment is required
- Strong judgment and problem solving skills is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is require
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision is required
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required
- Previous internship experience with AutoCADD and Revit is preferred
- Previous architectural design internship experience is preferred