Intermediate Process Engineer
We are seeking engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies thru EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. Applicants with strong technical skills should apply.
The role will include
- Prepare and check process simulations, PFDs, HMBs, and PIDs
- Prepare sizing calculations for vessels, pumps, lines, etc
- Prepare safety valve relief load calculation (as per API standard)
- Prepare design basis, philosophy and control narrative
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendors and client
- Work will range from conceptual studies through detailed engineering.
- Site visits may be required.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate shall:
- is currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGA
- Have a minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Preferred to have a minimum 5 years EPC experience.
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills.
- Able to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision when required.
- Have a working knowledge of Hysys, ProII, and HTRI
- Experience with HAZOP, HAZID and SIL rating studies preferred
- Experience in basic engineering, FEED and detail engineering projects
- Experience in one of the following areas would be an asset:
Refining, Petrochemical unit design (including CDU, VDU, Hydroprocessing, and thermal cracking)