Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The job is likely to be executed through an NEC3/NEC4 target cost reimbursable/incentive fee contract.
The Integration Engineer will have a direct reporting line to the Package or Area Project Manager and a matrix reporting line to the Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for technical integration across both design and construction.
- Supports procurement of design packages including: EOI, Pre-qualification, Tendering and Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Develops scope of work and tender for design packages, working closely with stakeholders in the customer organisation.
- Assures compliance to requirements at design stage assessment – working closely with design providers, systems engineering and relevant stakeholders.
- Co-ordinates interfaces between design packages.
- Steers work packages through safety case governance process.
- Supports pre-construction planning value adding initiatives including constructability review, advance works packaging and wider risk management review.
- Responsible to report progress in design package delivery; holds design providers to account for engineering performance progress reporting and to verify that reporting.
- Assures compliance to technical change management protocols.
- Converts design package deliverables to implementation scopes of work and tender packages for construction and commissioning.
- Supports procurement of construction packages including: EOI, Pre-qualification, Tendering and Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Develops scope of work and tender for construction packages.
- Liaises with all design providers to deliver a co-ordinated Pre-Construction Information Package.
- Supports construction delivery by acting as point contact to triage Technical Queries, engage design provider support where necessary and to assure timely response to the field organization.
- Assures compliance to execution stage assessment – working closely with field supervision, systems engineering and relevant stakeholders.
- BEng or BSc in relevant technical discipline.
- The candidate will have a background in managing multiple design consultants delivering packages into major infrastructure works.
- The candidate will have followed at least two packages into construction delivery.
- Able to engage with and provide comprehensive written record of technical review meetings (e.g. Integrated Design Review).
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Familiar with systems based engineering approach.
- Familiar with design change management protocols, e.g. revision note processes, and how they integrate into wider project change management processes.
- Familiar with delivering projects within a highly regulated environment.
- Familiar with EPPR.
- Familiar with CDM2015 and specifically with Principal Designer duty.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Familiar with systems-based engineering approach to deliver projects.
- The candidate will have delivered at least one infrastructure project through concept, preliminary, detailed design, construction and commissioning.
- Familiar with delivery of nuclear and/or defence projects.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC--Security Clearance