ExxonMobil | USA, Baton Rouge
Job Role Summary
- The Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for specification, design and maintenance of the instrumentation for all plant operations, including field installations and associated control devices in local and remote locations. This individual will be responsible for developing maintenance and reliability strategies related to this instrumentation and for providing guidance to internal customers to maintain the reliability of this instrumentation. Located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provides technical support for the maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting of the plant's instrumentation systems and equipment, including low voltage electrical systems and protective instrument systems. Investigates instrumentation equipment failures, determine root causes of failures, and recommends actions to enhance the system and equipment reliability
- Develops instrumentation/low voltage electrical equipment specifications and associated reliability improvements/upgrade plans for that equipment.
- Provides technical support for front-end development, cost estimation, design, construction, and startup for projects and change packages.
- Assists in the development of maintenance and operating procedures for instrumentation equipment
- Serves as a technical resource to maintenance technicians, project developers, and less experienced instrument engineers
- Maintains dialog with instrument networks/linkages with other plants and central engineering resources.
- Understands, interprets, and applies ExxonMobil Downstream instrument practices
- Has a working knowledge of industry standards and regulations (e.g. ISA, NEC, IEEE)
- Has knowledge of electrical area classifications and is familiar with acceptable methods of satisfying the requirements of equipment installations in hazardous areas
- BS/MS Electrical engineering degree
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (KSAs)
- Good technical writing skills
- Knowledge of Triconex Controls Systems
- Basic knowledge API guidelines for instrumentation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of Modicon, Siemens, HIMA and/or other PLCs
- Knowledge of INtools a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of experience preferred