Primary Responsibilities include:
- Lead specialized Instrumentation Design Engineering activities for capital and expense projects.
- Provide cost estimates and preliminary engineering design work for the development and preparation of projects.
- Design, specify and procure instrument/electrical components and systems for projects.
- Provide detailed instrument/electrical engineering design and contractor supervision to ensure that capital and expense projects are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Provide technical support to operations and maintenance departments on instrumentation, electrical and control systems.
- Direct and monitor activities of engineering and construction contractors for progress and quality to ensure compliance to Dow standards.
- Participate in the input and inter-discipline design document development such as P&IDs, PFDs, ISO’s etc.
- Assist in loop verification for instrumentation included in the construction packages.
- Perform technical review of Management of Change for instrument and electrical systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational skills and ability to simultaneously lead several projects
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong technical background.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and effectively sell ideas to all job levels
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (i.e. engineering, manufacturing, fabrication or related)
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Note: This position does not offer relocation assistance.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others