Dow has an exciting opportunity for an Instrument Engineer, located in Freeport, Texas. The successful candidate will provide specialized technical support and solutions for project teams, operations and maintenance. The candidate will apply applicable design criteria, design tools, best practices, and established work processes when creating the documentation required for the selection, purchase, and installation of instrumentation in new or existing process plants. The Texas Operations (TXO) Hardware Disciplines within Technical Expertise and Support (TES) are comprised of the following disciplines: Civil, Electrical, Instrument, Mechanical/Process Containment Equipment and Piping. The TXO Hardware Disciplines support small and intermediate projects.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Work with Process Engineers and Manufacturing Representatives to review and validate instrument process data
- Develop and maintain an instrument index/schedule in an INtools database
- Size and select the appropriate instrument technology solution for each application
- Work with instrument suppliers to create the instrument order specifications used to purchase instruments
- Review and annotate piping and instrumentation diagrams and instrument location plans
- Develop and/or select instrument installation detail drawings and instrument wiring drawings
- Assemble and review the instrument documentation issued in construction contracts
- Apply knowledge of global design standards for instrumentation and applicable engineering codes
- Plan, forecast, and status instrument manpower requirements for a project
- Track and report physical progress on the creation of instrument design deliverables for the project
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering is required
- A minimum of 2 years engineering, manufacturing or related experience is required
- Must be able to perform duties in an operating chemical plant including climb stairs, conduct field surveys, and meet with clients.
- Strong initiative and team leadership capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- 2+ years of experience in instrument design engineering
- INtools/Smart Plant Instrumentation
- Instrument sizing and selection tools/Propix
Note: Relocation benefits are not supported for this position.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others