Instrument & Control Engineer
Contributes to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
- Managing and leading teams.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business including Technical Authority responsibility where assigned.
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Delivering against contract Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and business objectives..
- In conjunction with the Discipline Focal Point / Head of Discipline, manages succession planning for direct reports.
- Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
- Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans.
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people.
- Ensures competence of deputies.
- Manages performance of direct reports.
- Continuous promotion of and, adherence to the discipline specific procedures and providing feedback for continuous improvement.
- Support the development and delivery of the technical assurance framework.
- Monitor compliance with competence standards.
- Participate in incident investigations as required.
- Set performance expectations for direct reports.
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Proficient in scope definition.
- Deputising for Focal Point / Head of Discipline as required.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team.
- Executing assigned business objectives.
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities.
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering teams.
- Provide design input to project estimates.
Skills / Qualifications
- HNC / HND or equivalent professional qualification with extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrable balance of industrial and management experience at relevant level and position.
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
- Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate team building skills and capable of influencing people at all levels of the
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude.