Oceaneering | USA, Houston
- Responsible for detailed technical engineering in support of projects executed with offshore installation vessels at the direction of Project Engineer and Installation Engineering Lead.
- Prepares design changes, specifications, schematics, and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and vendor selection.
- Conduct engineering calculations and analysis.
- Calculations will include hand calculations and/or engineering calculation software.
- Analysis will include both beam element and dynamic motion analysis.
- Design complicated rigging for offshore/subsea lifts in compliance with Oceaneering policy, industry standards and Client requirements.
- Design project specific seafastening, both simple and complex, and verify thru calculation.
- Perform in depth beam element analysis for design of offshore equipment.
- Perform in depth dynamic analysis of offshore/subsea operations.
- Apply where applicable common industry codes such as ASME, AISC, DNV, API and AWS.
- Create or review product designs, conducts and attends Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
- Author Basis of Design, Basis of Analysis, Technical Analysis report documents for equipment designed by OPG and analysis performed by OPG.
- Interface with Document Control, Design Analyst and Design/Drafters during the course of project work.
- Interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
- Perform non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of OPG projects and subcontractors.
- Ability to work onshore and offshore, predominately in the Gulf of Mexico up to 20%.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in (Structural, Mechanical, Civil or Ocean Engineering).
- Min Four (4) years engineering experience including experience with;
- Classical analytical methods.
- 2D CAD, 3D CAD.
- Structural analysis software.
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
- Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training.
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET).
- Experience in installation of subsea hardware and umbilical.
- Practical experience with engineering software such as MathCAD; AutoCAD; Solidworks; Orcaflex; ANSYS and/or Risa3D.
- Experience with conflict resolution and change management.
- MS Office.