Industrial Wastewater Process Engineer
Arcadis is currently searching for an Industrial Wastewater Process Engineer to join our world-class Water for Industry team in our Atlanta, GA office.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team locally and grow your career with support from one of the best-qualified engineering consulting firms in the country! This full-time position requires attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly. The successful candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment and will demonstrate an eagerness to build and grow our practice.
This position will utilize your expertise and technical knowledge of Industrial and Municipal water and wastewater plants to assist the project teams on interesting and important projects for industrial clients. Typical projects involve water conservation, energy recovery, nutrient removal, sustainability and pollution prevention. This position will be an entry into rapid advancement within the company to other areas: project management; client development; seller/doer and technical direction.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct design calculations, model simulations using BioWin or similar software, hydraulic calculations, etc.
- Research and perform concept designs and feasibility evaluations of various water and wastewater treatment alternatives.
- Develop plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Work directly with other engineering disciplines, office/project staff, client, and sub-contractors, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct effective presentations and webinars. participate in client meetings and field interaction with clients and subcontractors
- Prepare reports, memos, and other communications.
- Perform process troubleshooting and optimization, pilot testing, bench scale testing and lab analysis of conventional and advanced water treatment technologies.
- Analyze data including water quality, technology evaluations, and plant operations information.
- Conduct site visits, condition assessments and performance evaluations of industrial water treatment facilities.
- Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards.
- Facilitate coordination of completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
- Able to travel on a regular and sometimes extended basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- Pilot testing, bench scale testing, and laboratory analysis experience.
- Engineer In Training certificate
- AutoCAD, MS Project (or Primavera) experience.
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.