Industrial Project Engineer
Suncor | Canada, Calgary, Alberta
You will use your expertise to:
- Develop and guide scopes of work for various projects and direct list of deliverables.
- Guide the delivery of an integrated project solution.
- Interface directly with the engineering contractors to ensure that all designs meet the needs of project stakeholders and Suncor business goals.
- Directs the use or approval of applicable technical architecture, standards and specifications for use on the project, plus confirms compliance.
- Contribute to and review project budget estimates.
- Review & approve key project detailed plans, work sequencing and resource loading plans.
- Review and approve Engineering Work Packages (EWP's) prior to being issued for construction
- Participate in the development of new standards and practices to support the Suncor 4.0 objectives.
- Provide oversight on contracts and PO's with support of engineering contractors and project functional teams
- Coordinate resolution of design or construction deficiencies as identified from time to time during the construction and commissioning phase.
- Responsible for all necessary QA/QC inspections of field installations to ensure construction is compliant with applicable codes and standards including any Suncor specific practices.
- Responsible for completion of all pre-commissioning activities & compliance with commissioning and acceptance procedures.
- Identify and implement value improving practices and support continuous process improvement.
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years Oil & Gas related experience including coordinating, overseeing EPC contractors and field construction activities.
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging IT/OT technology solutions and trends with demonstrated commitment to continuous development, keeping abreast of emerging technologies and best practices.
- Specific technology expertise including fiber optic systems, networking & wireless technology, voice systems, 2-way radio systems, security & CCTV systems, data centre systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Member of APEGA, or eligibility would be an asset.
- Demonstrated history of problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with a broad range of stakeholders from Senior leaders to trades.
- Highly motivated self-starter comfortable working in the Suncor office, Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) office or field construction environments.