- Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
- Investigate the causes of accidents or injuries that might have resulted from the use or misuse of a product.
- Create solutions that reduce or eliminate safety issues associated with products or processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Participate and provide technical support when Safety and Operations are completing or reviewing Job Hazards Analysis.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Participate in inspections of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Support Safety when investigating industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis and support Incident Investigations that require technical or engineering support.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to organizations on how to handle health-related problems and make needed changes.
- Explain engineering drawings, specifications, or other technical information.
- Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment — Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices,parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various industrial control mechanisms.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy and recommend improvements.
- Ensure that buildings or products comply with health and safety regulations, especially after an inspection that required changes.
- Work with HR and other resources (internal or external) in the development of:
○ Communication about safety, culture and company policies
○ Communication and signage of hazards
- Work with external partners and manage the development of task specific training. (e.g. lathe training, lift training, etc…)
- Coordinate efforts with Safety and Operations and provide oversight on Safety Initiatives being rolled out through RES AME.
Industrial Engineering degree
Travel within North America