Serves as a vital resource for Operations by applying technical and organizational skills to drive the plant level continuous improvement program targeted at delivering maximum value from the assets, while continuously improving process safety and production efficiency. Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures within job discipline.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Possesses in-depth process technology and continuous improvement skill sets helping to establish credibility with the operations team.
- Drives knowledge exchange with technology experts to increase awareness of potential improvement opportunities for the technology.
- Partners with the experts to develop and implement a Plant Specific Technology Plan that delivers positive year-over-year ROC (return on capital) and non-capital continuous improvement while meeting the plant level EH&S improvement goals.
- Champions process safety activities and acts as a resource for relevant process safety concerns. Partners with plant operation and maintenance personnel to identify and track performance indicators to be used in identification of technology gaps and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Supports the facility root cause investigation process by serving as a team member or facilitator for incidents related to process technology. Leads and supports plant continuous improvement activities aligned to the PSTP and also supports the capital plan for the facility. Leads continuous improvement activities for the facility and may serve in specific GPM related roles of project manager or manufacturing representative.
- Champions the “next unplanned event” exercise for the plant and ensures potential solutions are captured in the appropriate prioritization system.
- Serves as the implementation arm of the technology center. This includes serving as the local focal point for Most Effective Technology (MET) implementation, and LOPA / LPP follow-up.
- Participates in the on-call program for plant immediate response and advising similar to other day support roles.
- Bachelor's degree plus engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others