ICT Engineer (Systems Engr II)
Honeywell | Singapore, None
- Engineer high level designs using the best of breed technology to support Honeywell systems, including Virtualisation Architecture, Storage Architecture and Network Architecture.
- Provide design verification and review before regional procurement of ICT hardware or soft
- Utilise Honeywell qualified standard builds for Physical and Virtual platforms to support Honeywell products and services
- Work with Vendors to identify new products and technologies to enhance Honeywell’s offerings.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise to support the delivery of project packages and the maintenance of existing complex system installations at client sites. This role will have a focus on support of Honeywell software platforms such as EBI, DVM and Energy Manager.
- Provide expert advice using current technical knowledge as to the procurement, configuration and implementation of the underlying architecture and technologies for new Honeywell led systems, with the aim of ensuring supportability, expansibility and flexibility.
- Develop documentation / templates including configuration, engineering, testing and commissioning manuals and procedures.
- Have a good understanding of IP networks, Cybersecurity principles and IT industry processes and procedures.
- Ensure high availability and performance of Honeywell maintained IT services by diagnosing complex problems, tuning to improve performance, maintaining and supporting the underlying infrastructure, monitoring of network and system intrusions, including liaison with Project Team, Honeywell Support, and ICT hardware and software vendors where advanced diagnosis is required.
- Protect the integrity of the Honeywell implemented software, server and network infrastructure and services by managing access, monitoring global ICT security news and technological developments, and acting on these using vendor advice and current technical knowledge.
- Liaising with internal project leads and external project representatives to ensure design aligns with requirements. Evaluate project implementations, reporting on performance against goals and contract deliverables, and recommending further actions as appropriate.
- Ensure project management methodologies are followed in the delivery of ICT packages, and appropriate change management for server software upgrades, significant system changes and implementation of any new Honeywell product features or versions.
- Contribute to the development of project plans, schedules, and design / configuration documentation.
- Develop effective working relationships with technical support groups, systems users and software vendors, to ensure systems can be well maintained, used effectively, and that requests for action to correct system problems can be attended to effectively and promptly.
- Manage testing infrastructure (Servers / Storage) and resources to support local region / Global initiatives / testing and qualification
- Keeps abreast of all relevant developments and innovations in the IT field and researches best practice methodologies.
- Ensure that skills are maintained and enhanced in "specialist" area(s) relating to product knowledge, services knowledge, or industry knowledge
- Bachelor in Information Technology / Systems or Computer Science
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or similar (preferred)
- Certification and/or Training in relevant ICT industry technologies such as MCSA/MCSE (Microsoft), CCNA/CCNP/CCDP/CCIE (Cisco), VCP (VMware) or similar.
- 2-5 years experience in IT Engineer / Cyber Security / Network Engineering or equivalent capacity.
- Current and demonstrated knowledge and systems experience at a senior level in an enterprise environment with the following technologies:
Microsoft Active Directory Services
Virtualisation Technologies (VMware preferred)
Networking, TCP/IP and LAN/WAN
SAN Storage (iSCSI / Fibre Channel)
- Knowledge of appropriate security industry regulations and standards such as ISA-99/ISA- 62443 , NERC CIP and ISO/IEC 27001 (preferred)
- Experience in designing, configuring large virtual and physical server environments.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve complex network, application or system integration issues.
- Current and demonstrated knowledge, and experiencing in deploying and maintain secure systems and networks.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to develop innovative and creative solutions in a complex multiple systems environment.
- Understanding of building support systems such as BMS, Security and CCTV (preferable).
- Experience in the implementation of ITIL practices, continuous improvement and client focused service delivery standards and methodologies in large and complex organisations.
- Excellent effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, along with proven ability to interact professionally with clients.
- Self-motivated, ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure, determine own work priorities, work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Basic network fault finding capability
- Knowledge of system monitoring toolsets highly desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment