Hydroprocessing Proposals Engineer
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare catalyst and new unit proposals for new business development
- Lead techno-strategy meeting to develop technically competitive approach to ITB objectives.
- Use existing models and correlations of experimental and operating data to generate technical estimates from an ITB design basis.
- Develop catalyst requirements in SalesForce in alignment with Commercial Account Manager.
- Present proposal to client and participate in technical clarification meetings.
- Give technical presentations at customer meetings, internal technology forums, customer training workshops and conferences.
- Support conceptual design studies in support of licensed unit revamp or debottlenecking.
- Contribute to tool improvement and standardization efforts.
- Drive product development
- Stay abreast of competitor technology and develop technical solutions to address threats to business.
- Support R&D team to proactively influence new catalyst and process technology development by bringing external perspective.
- Provide leadership in setting technical direction for the field.
- Use feedback from existing customers to study catalyst performance and drive improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a process engineering, proposal development, technical service, operations, design engineering role or R&D in refining or petrochemicals industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with prospective customers, internal colleagues and all levels of management, including the ability to make clear presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-direct in addition to working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of hydroprocessing units and catalysts through previous R&D, refinery or technical service role.
- Experience making new unit or catalyst refill technical performance estimates for hydroprocessing applications.
- Experience in new catalyst development in ISOCRACKING or ISODEWAXING technologies.
- Experience monitoring plant and catalyst performance.
- Ability to do process engineering work including technical service, designs, and startups.
- Relocation may be considered.
- International Considerations:
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.