Human Machine Interface Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior HMI (Human Machine Interface) Engineer to join our busy Automation team in Woking.
The main purpose of the job is to perform acceptance testing and pre - commissioning checks on process safety (F&G, ESD & PSD) and control system related HMI displays.
- Undertake HMI display modifications and associated management of change documentation
- Actively participates in the installation / configuration / implementation of Industrial control & safety operator HMI displays to meet customer specifications and be able to independently implement (unsupervised) significant modification to these systems.
- Ensure Standards are maintained and no non - Project Specific shapes etc are utilised
- Understanding / experience of L&A Graphic techniques used in the project
- Co - ordinate with other disciplines during testing ensuring HMI displays are correctly implemented in accordance with project philosophies and detailed design
- Ensure all testing, modifications are executed in accordance with agreed methodologies completing all necessary checks and paperwork.
- Provides accurate progress reporting and completion status
Skills / Qualifications
- Hands - on experience with Honeywell HMI solutions
- Working knowledge of PCS and SIS / FGS Applications
- Working experience of associated documentation such as Cause / effects, P&IDs, Control narratives, Data sheets and site procedures
- Experience in Microsoft product suite
- Understanding of the PCS role or having come from a PCS background would be advantageous. Configuration experience and product training on Honeywell Experion
- Control systems and being able to trouble shoot and resolve interface issues to the process control and SIS / FGS systems
- Experience of Factory Acceptance, Site Acceptance and Pre - commissioning and commissioning support
- Experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore or infrastructure industries
- Minimum Degree or equivalent experience