The purpose of this position is to apply engineering knowledge or engineering processes to issues of moderate complexity on how to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
- Study moderately complex design reviews, calculations and models including, as examples, hydrology calculations and dispersion models using standard techniques and guidelines in order to address possible HSE impact
- Promote HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to foster a safe and productive work environment
- Participate in surveys, audits, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities to monitor and track HSE standards, programs and goals including project environmental data collection and documentation
- Prepare, update, maintain and retrieve records, reports or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of HSE standards and goals
- Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study with 3-15 years of relevant design experience in the EPC domain, with refinery and petrochemical background.
- Experience in Fire-fighting and Fire Alarm & Gas system design.
- Experience in Safety studies; FRA, HAZOP, QRA and F&G mapping.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
- Gather industry-wide HSE-related information and data for review and possible application
- Occasionally lead the activities of subordinates when requested by supervisor
- Intermediate capabilities using professional software, as required