- The Hardware Engineer is responsible for the delivery of high-quality engineering electronic hardware designs. Work scope typically includes the following essential responsibilities:
- Develop creative solutions and reduce complexity to create accurate and effective solutions for complex engineering problems.
- Typical hardware activities will include preparing design specifications, electronic designs (including PLD/FPGA designs) , performing simulation/module testing, and integration testing of the design. Performing PLD/FPGA Code Reviews and verifications of Design Specifications and Reports
- Engage customers to define scope, review results, and discuss technical risks.
- Work with the technical leader to establish an effective work plan, including time estimates, schedule estimates, requirements and work processes.
- Apply engineering fundamentals and 1st order engineering principles to establish and/or confirm expected performance.
- Provide clear and complete analysis documentation in accordance with GE engineering procedures.
- Manage time effectively to provide quality deliverables within the expected project timeline. Communicate effectively to leadership the status of work activities
- Effectively manage multiple priorities
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, computer or software engineering from an accredited college of university.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of common PLD/FPGA languages and and PLD/FPGA development tools (Signal Tap, Debuggers, etc).
- Experience with coding conventions, unit testing and integration testing of PLD/FPGA's.
- Solves technical challenges through application of common design patterns and identifying appropriate patterns for use in problem solving
- Effective us of data structures and algorithms
- Experience understanding coding standards that meets and delivers desired functionality using technology selected for the project
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to articulate clearly
- Contributes to creative solutions and challenges status quo
- Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption