Guidance, Navigation & Control Engineer
To be successful in this position, the applicant must be detail oriented, work both independently and collaboratively, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and…
- Ensure the GN&C technical work is aligned with the vehicle needs;
- Review deliverables for quality and technical adequacy;
- Synthesize knowledge of multiple disciplines including: sensors, effectors, avionics, orbital mechanics, dispersion analysis, control systems, mass properties, aerodynamics, propulsion, etc.
- Participate in program, vehicle, element, and discipline reviews;
- Support integration, verification, and validation activities; and
- Prepare and present technical reports and briefings.
Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Degree from an ABET-accredited university is preferred.
Typically the educational requirements are:
- PhD and 4+ years of direct experience
- Masters and 8+ years of direct experience
- Bachelors and 10+ years of direct experience
The applicant must also have the ability to:
- Understand the relationship between VM products and other integrated systems.
- Provide VM expertise and technical leadership to support SLS Core Stage, Upper Stage, and Payload integration.
- Solve complex integration issues, perform trade studies, and clearly communicate issues and solutions to customers and contractors.
Special consideration will be given to candidates that have the following additional experience:
- SLS or other NASA programs.
- Aircraft, spacecraft, and launch vehicle systems.
- Aerospace/defense industry.
- Systems/project engineering.