Our graduate engineers will assist Senior Engineers, under the guidance of the Engineering Manager, in developing and/or delivering work scopes.
The work scopes and additional Wood training shall support the development of the graduate engineer and allow them to apply advanced subsea engineering and management techniques in range of projects.
Graduates will be required to:
- Perform design and analysis
- Assist with in-house development of tools & programs
- Be involved in project planning, expediting and execution
- Understand and become familiar with report writing standards
- Participate in internal workshops and training lectures
- Become familiar with Wood’s systems and software
Key Elements of the graduate support network:
- Access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities.
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a buddy, mentor and departmental manager to ensure your professional development is achieved.
- Where available, opportunities for placements, site visits in Norway and overseas and rotations into other relevant disciplines to enhance your knowledge and experience to become a well-rounded Engineer.
- Competitive salary.
Access to a range of employee benefits including:
- Travel and private medical insurance
- Pension and life assurance
- Shares option
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, tenacity and have excellent communication skills.
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to acquiring specialist consulting and technology skills.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments.
- Graduate engineer with a minimum Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or a Master’s degree in Oil & Gas Process, Pipelines, Subsea Engineering or other disciplines relating to upstream oil and gas, or renewables industries, from a recognised university.
- Preference will be given to graduates with previous experience in the Norwegian energy industry, gained before, during or after their university courses.
- Engineers who have undergone undergraduate internship in subsea/pipeline/renewables engineering will have added advantage.
- Must have the right to reside and work in Norway.