Formulation Engineer / Scientist
Corteva | USA, Indianapolis
Corteva Agriscience, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world.
The Product Technology Expertise Center (PTEC) group, in the Formulation Science Technology (FST) sub-function of Corteva Product Design and Process R&D, is seeking a Formulation Support Engineer/Scientist. The PTEC group provides technical service and support for launched crop protection products. We provide technical support for our customers and key stakeholders. The successful candidate will collaborate broadly with other functions in Corteva R&D, Commercial, and Operation teams, utilize chemistry, engineering, data science, manufacturing, technical skills and formulated product development experience, along with use of advanced problem-solving techniques to ensure launched crop protection products meet/exceed our stakeholder and customer expectations.
Responsibilities: How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Provide formulation support and crop protection product expertise in technology transfer, product registration, production, and application.
- Apply the Scientific Method in the planning and execution of experimental plans and problem solving. Formulate hypotheses and develop experimental plans to test hypotheses.
- Leverage Six Sigma tools and methodology to solve complex problems with projects of regional or global scope.
- Develop and implement technical solutions in a time critical manner.
- Delivers communication that distill complex ideas into clear results and proposals; communicates appropriately to influence internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate closely with commercial team to provide timely assistance for urgent customer concerns involving formulation products.
- Partner with Corteva manufacturing science and technology center to support process improvement projects and troubleshooting formulation production challenges.
- Support the active ingredient and co-formulants change projects driven by cost reduction and risk mitigation by leading the formulation qualification tests at the lab and pilot scales.
- Participate in product quality issue investigations as formulation SME.
- Prepare the necessary formulation related regulatory documentation to support product registration submissions.
- Ensure lessons learned during troubleshooting process are captured as storyboard/Best Practices, documented and communicated to FST team to improve new product design and development.
- Mentor junior level scientists and technologists.
- Represent FST effectively and build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and follow appropriate EH&S standards, policies and procedures.
Requirements: What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS in Chemistry, Material Science, Ag Engineering, Colloid and Surface Science, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with proven technical work experience is required.
- Greater than 5 years of experience with formulated product development and/or production support is highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to successfully partner with team members and stakeholders (sales, marketing, R&D, regulatory, production, supply chain, quality, etc) from multiple backgrounds is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to delivers presentations that distill complex ideas and proactively communicates results and progress to stakeholders is essential.
- Demonstrated project management skills. The sense of urgency and ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects are critical.
- Data science and analytics skills (software such as Power BI) are desirable.