Fixed Equipment Engineer (Mechanical & Materials)
Job Role Summary
- We are the largest publicly traded international Oil and Gas Company, using technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs. We hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and we are one of the world's largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers.
- We are currently seeking experienced Mechanical and Materials Engineers to join our Fixed Equipment Engineering team at Fawley Refinery and Chemical Plant. The largest refinery in the UK, Fawley is a combined refining, lubricants and chemicals manufacturing site which is located on the south coast of England, on the edge of the New Forest National Park.
- We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
The closing date for this opportunity is Friday 27th March 2020.
Job Role Responsibilities
Fixed Equipment Engineers are responsible for the provision of mechanical, corrosion, inspection and materials engineering support to the refinery and petrochemical plant. The key responsibilities are to:
- Provide engineering input to fixed equipment strategies
- Be the Technical Advisor to the business teams, providing assistance with risk based decision making, and being the team’s designated contact for legislation relating to Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000
- Define major repairs to fixed equipment, generating repair work scopes
- Submit risk assessed and scoped work items into the Annual Maintenance Plan and turnaround work lists
- Transfer best practices and technology both into the business team and wider organisation
The successful candidate will work with a small team, which is part of the larger Fawley Area Engineering Service (FAES) Department. The FAES Department comprises of approximately 100 multidisciplinary engineers and technicians, and provides technical support across the Fawley refining and petrochemical facility.
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold an Engineering degree in Materials or Mechanical Engineering, or an equivalent subject.
- Be; be working towards being; or be prepared to work towards being, a Chartered Engineer, as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent.
- Have relevant professional experience within an engineering discipline associated with in-service inspection of pressure systems and / or pipelines, preferably in the petrochemical industry with an operating company or major engineering contractor.
Candidates should also have demonstrated experience of:
- Working in an inspection fixed equipment role, using their engineering judgement to apply Risk Based Inspection methods
- Working on turnarounds / plant shutdowns and commissioning